Saturday, January 1, 2011

Your Hope of Glory



The Scriptures tell us that God is Love, that Love was made manifest in Jesus called the Christ. The word Christ or christos is Greek for the Hebrew word messiah, which means anointed, chosen, the beloved one. Jesus, the great way shower, told us that we too are the anointed, the chosen, lights in a frightened world. 

At the beginning of the new year, I share with you this beautiful poem by Ric Shumacher, taken from the Unity booklet Living in the Kingdom. It’s entitled The Hope of Glory:

Christ is the light of my mind;
Illumined are my thoughts.

Christ is the love of my heart;
Compassionate are my words.

Christ is the strength of my hands;
Helpful are my deeds.

Christ is the power of my legs;
Effortlessly I walk the path.

Christ is the understanding of my eyes;
Pure is my vision.

Christ in me, my all;
Christ in all I see.

You can choose to live in the knowledge that you are indeed the beloved of God, the anointed, the chosen, the Living Christ in Expression. 

We often forget how loved we are. This moment, then, is an opportunity to inwardly reacquaint yourself with the Power and Presence we call the Christ. Let the reality of it fill your heart, your mind, your spirit. Beginning today, in this New and Opportune Year, you walk in the newness of life. 

The power of Love is with you, now and forever. And so it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.