Monday, November 14, 2011

What Do You Mean, "Forgive"? I Just Can't!!

Set yourself free!
"If I forgive, they go free." Wrong.

So, you've been hurt, disrespected, or any number of aggravated 'assaults' upon your person, your character, your life. It's nasty. I know. I've had my share. And I have carried a lot of resentment and anger over the years.

Has all that emotion served me? Yes. It has served me well. It allowed me to stay wrapped in self-pity for a lot of years. And it felt good, justified, even necessary.

Until I realized that, as the saying goes, while I was holding the grudge, they were out dancing. Turns out, all that bitterness was hurting only one person: Me.

It was tough, but I finally discovered the secret to forgiveness. Take it or leave it but this is all there is to it. Get this and you go free:

Forgiveness is simply letting go of the desire, the need, to punish.

The only person you let off the hook is you. And the path turns gold.

"One joy scatters a hundred griefs." Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.