Monday, November 19, 2012

New World Day - December 22, 2012 - A Fresh Start!


From YouPresenting.com blog:

The world, according to some, will come to an end on Dec. 21, 2012. Not all are doomsdayers. Some say it will be a new consciousness, a new world order. Others think it will be knocked off its axis by a comet or asteroid. Still others think it will be due to some natural catastrophe, like an undersea volcano going off. Well...

Unless I get hit by lightning, a truck, or a coronary blast, I believe I will awaken bright eyed and bushy tailed on the morning of 12/22/12. You, too, more than likely. This is an opportunity to make a fresh start.

With that in mind, I highly recommend a new holiday--New World Day--which should in fact replace Christmas, a stolen pagan holiday, that can rightly be moved into the summer months. After all, it gets pretty chilly in the Judaean hills in December. Too chilly to have been born in a manger. Plus, shepherds were not keeping watch over their flocks by night in that month, either. Move it to June or July. Much more fitting, don't you think?

So, New World Day it is. A new respect, a new understanding, a new peace--politically, spiritually, personally. One more chance to make one more try.

The Mayans would be satisfied, I believe. I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.