Simple steps to spiritual cleansing--nothing heavy, nothing difficult, very powerful...
“If your eye be single, your whole body will be full of light.” Jesus (Matt. 6:22)
Everything has its own anguish, privately struggling to maintain personal, emotional, spiritual, and physical integrity. Understanding how you share in that anguish helps you to empathize with the rest of the world. You can release more of your own suffering by:
- Accepting your own beauty. (Don't trust the mirror! It's held you hostage before.)
- Stepping out of regret, hostility, and unforgiveness. (Even if you feel justified. You're always in the position to change your feelings.)
- Allowing both the past and future to be moments of insight rather than distraction. (You're always reaching backward or forward, but you don't have to live there.)
1. Dare to surrender up your sense of inadequacy. You have more ability than you'll probably admit.
2. Dare to release your feelings of powerlessness. You have the power of the universe at your disposal.
3. Dare to remain humble. You don’t know it all. Who does?! If the spiritual path is a two-mile journey, you've barely covered 0.00000001 of an inch. And that may be on the generous side.
Finally, quit the excuses. If you're holding onto a feeling, an opinion, a fear, it's because you want to do so. Whether you admit it or not. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission."
“Wayfarer, there is no Way. We make the way by walking.” Machado, Spanish Poet