You didn't pay for any of these, yet they bring you benefits every moment. Wake up, smell the spiritual coffee, quit your complaining, enjoy the rest of your life. And while you're at it, share it with the rest of us.
What God Has Given You...
- Your originality. No one is like you. Your movement through the world has great effect.
- Your three brains. Are you using them? You are, but in the best possible ways?
- You can succeed, even if you've told yourself you can't. You're still here, aren't you?
- You have a sense of humor. Or have you forgotten?
- You can trust.
- You can look for and see the greatest good in others. Why? Because they are your reflection. When you see yourself differently, the world is different.
- You can help. You can love. You can laugh. You can be patient. You can succeed. You can, you can, you can.
- This list is not exhaustive!
The greatest obstacle to success, great relationships, and spiritual growth is self-pity. Don't get me wrong; I know self-pity can be fun--and habitual. It's not easy to overcome. But it is easy to overdo. Be honest. You like feeling sorry for yourself. Or you wouldn't do it. That's the kicker. End that and the rest of your life is what you say you want it to be. Just quit the self-pity. I hear you complaining--and justifying. Stop it. Stop it now. You can, you know.
"The thought manifests as the word, the word manifests as the deed. The deed develops into a habit and the habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its way with care and let it spring from love, born out of concern for all beings. As the shadow follows the body, as we think, so we become." The Dhammapada (Sayings of the Buddha)