- Grab our attention. Make a connection. Entertain, but no jokes! Speak to us as individuals; make it personal, even if it’s business.
- Be believable. Be The Expert. Have something important or noteworthy to share with us or don’t waste our time. We can always read a book if we have to so be credible.
- Make certain you know who we are. Gear your presentation to THIS audience. Nothing canned. Discover our language and connect with us in it. Let us know you care about us. We can always tell if you're bluffing.
- Be substantive—no fluff, even if it’s PowerPoint! Give us something we can use right away. Make it new. Provide answers and solutions.
- Make yourself and your message memorable; hit us with an impact. Don’t take us for granted. And once you've made your presentation, be available for questions or comments. Don't just up and leave.
Your audience—one or one thousand—is made up of individuals who are always wondering