Sunday, May 22, 2011

You Want the Truth? I'll Give You the Truth! (New Thought Message week of May 23, 2011)

I do not know who said this, but he or she is spot on.


"Experience is knowledge. Anything else is just information."


So, how shall I interpret that? Oh, yeah. Like this:


No matter how much your guru, minister, priest, rabbi, mullah, or saint tells you something, you will never really know it unless and until you experience it for yourself. And even then, keep a close watch. You have been known to trick yourself in the past. No need to doubt you will do it again. Still, you are your own best judge. 


I went once to a particular part of my city to visit a landmark. I had been told that the person for whom the landmark had been erected had crossed many rivers and hiked many mountains to get to where I was standing. I thought it amazing. I lauded him for his efforts. Why, what a journey. He really had his work cut out for him. Then, my mind wandered, distracted by a bird flying rapidly by, heading out over the woods to my right. Wow. What a bird. Sort of blue, with purple-y patches somewhere on her undercarriage--she went by so fast, I wasn't certain exactly where they were located. Then, I left, went home, and until right now, sort of forgot about the landmark. I would be willing to bet that, up until his death, the person who provided the impetus for the landmark never forgot what he accomplished.


But he experienced it; I did not. For me, a great thought. For him, a great adventure. For me, information. For him, enlightenment.


Find your truth in experience. For you are the result of all of them. And no one will ever have your experiences. They will never be repeated. And they will leave an indelible mark upon the universe forever. 


You're just that important. And that, my friend, is the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.