Sunday, March 27, 2011

In Your Less Than Humble Opinion...

I like to play devil’s advocate now and then. (Some of you already know that!) Make a statement, I will ask you to substantiate it. Is that so wrong? Some people think so. Seems they hate being challenged, even if gently.

But if you put yourself ‘out there’ on the social web, shouldn’t you expect a bit of, say, feedback? I do. I don’t know it all. Someone might come up with a new way for me to think, to write, even to act.

With that in mind, I humbly submit to you some of the following claims that I have challenged up and down the online world:
  • A Course In Miracles as words of Jesus/demon inspired/garbage/truth
  • Krishna Consciousness as cult/awakening/true path
  • Reiki as logical/stupid/healing
  • Evangelical Christianity as false/only way/apostate
  • Radical Islam as desperation/evil/way to Allah
  • Politicians as bad/good/indifferent
  • Channeling of any kind, especially Seth/Ramtha/Emanuel/Abraham/Conversations with God
  • Intuition as valid
  • Eastern philosophy as distraction/humane/antichrist
  • Ministers, priests, rabbis, mullahs as good teachers/leaders/fools
  • Social opinion
  • News opinion
  • The Bible, Qur’an, Gita, Upanishads, Dhammapada
  • Buddha as myth/teacher/demon
  • Jesus as teacher/savior/fiction
  • Muhammad as sane/insane
  • Mother Theresa as kind/selfish
  • Obama as good/bad president
  • Bush as good/bad president
I’m not saying anyone who voices their views on the above (and many more) subjects and issues is wrong; just be certain you can back up what you say. I will question not only your opinion but your motive. 

In the long run, allowing yourself to be challenged will help you grow. If you resist it, you stay in the same old stale place and becoming a boring old whiner.

So, involve me in your truth, your passion, your outlook. I want to be of service to you in my best way possible.

Takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.