Saturday, September 17, 2011

There's Peace in Getting Down! Boogie Oogie, Oogie!

It's been a frantic week for me. A doctor's appointment to see if I had a bit of skin cancer (Nope!), my cat of 22 years died in my arms, and I found out the new volunteer job I wanted was with a for-profit instead of a non-profit. My own fault for not researching a bit further. Adding insult to injury, my best friend is leaving for Hawaii on Wednesday. Was I invited? No!

I could get angry about all that, if I let myself. I could say I was on the receiving end of a lot of nasty karma. But I won't. Why? Because I remember the wise words of that old fluffy philosopher, Buddy Hackett:

"I never hold grudges. While you're holding grudges, they're out dancing."

With that in mind, I am allowing myself a quiet weekend without regret, remembering my cat with love, being grateful for relatively healthy skin, and am ready to begin looking for a new volunteer job on Monday.

Life is grand. Think I'll dance a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.