"A merry heart doeth good like medicine, but a broken spirit drieth the bone." Prov. 17:22
How often do you laugh? Really laugh? Deep belly laughing? In case you haven't already heard, laughter can be quite healing. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Non-fattening! You can enjoy it often and not gain a pound. In fact, it may stimulate your metabolism to actually help you loose a few.
- Increases blood circulation and stimulates faster oxygen delivery.
- Aids digestion and elimination. Laugh enough and you won't be so 'full of it'!
- Amplifies respiration; helps body ventilation.
- Activates and exercises internal organs and muscles. (100 laughs = 10 minutes on a rowing machine! I can't prove it, but it's worth the effort.)
- Releases endorphins, a natural painkiller and pleasure enhancer.
- Boosts components of the immune system.
- Here's one you'll really like: Laughter connects both hemispheres of the brain and along with orgasm, creates total brain symmetry! Can't ask for better than that, eh?
- Cathartic; can vanquish emotional and physical tension; releases hostility; helps curb heart trouble; makes you feel good. For you more spiritual types, it helps you to relax and your level of relaxation reflects your level of trust--in God, in Spirit, in the universe, in others, in yourself.
- And when you are laughing with--not at--people, they feel less threatened around you, and trust you more.