Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hair Salon Massacre in California

The news this morning, as bad as it often is, hit me harder than usual. There has been another massacre--a crazy gun toter, angry at his ex-wife, burst into a Southern California hair salon and murdered eight innocent people. The community as well as the individual families are, not surprisingly, in a state of shock.

This particular story is more than personal to me. I was a hair stylist for the first 15 years of my professional life. I owned or managed a number of salons in California, Colorado, and British Columbia. I was good, too. My salons were usually packed with people Thursday through Saturday. Tuesdays and Wednesdays were Senior Discount days. They were fun. Lots of blue hair and chatter about the 1930s and 40s.

No one ever thinks that a trip to the hair salon will be their last trip anywhere.

My thoughts and sympathies are in Seal Beach, California, this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.