Sunday, July 19, 2009

Should Religion Be Carved In Stone...Again?

Cheers to the separation of church and state!

I came across a news story on Yahoo! about a state representative wanting to use public monies to carve "In God We Trust" on the Capitol Center in Washington, D.C. A national group of atheists, which says it represents more than 15% of the nation, has filed suit to stop the engraving.

Just a short opinion here. Though I am not an atheist, I believe it is contrary to the national interests to spend public money to create a permanent religious monument (read shrine) on a public building, especially in Washington, D.C. I go on record as being in opposition to the engraving and stand in law and support with the atheists. Comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.