Saturday, January 23, 2010

So, Has the Supreme Court Destroyed Democracy?




Five to four: The Supreme Court says it's a violation of free speech to block corporations from spending as much as they want in favor of--or against--a particular candidate. Both agony and ecstasy from those who are interested in this bit of jurisprudence. Click on the title of this post for a CNN article, posted by a Libertarian, then comment here.


I've already changed my mind twice, mainly because I heard about this decision from Keith Olberman, MSNBC pundit. He has a way of creating drama that can be a bit overwhelming. I decided to get a few more opinions. Now, I think the decision is probably OK. Our president, on the other hand, disagrees. He's not happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.