(I am certain the Mr. Emerson, were he alive today, would in no way exclude women from his musings.)
Ernest Holmes, creator of the Science of Mind principles, espoused these beliefs back in the 1920s. You'd be hard pressed to come up with much better even today. Again, these are principles, not methods. No need to turn them into rock solid rules of order. Read them over, ponder them, use the ones that connect, that resonate, and discard the rest. When you have engaged the principles, create your own methods to implement them into your own daily experience. And then, watch your life change. That's what you wanted, isn't it?
- I believe in God, the Living Spirit Almighty; one, indestructible, absolute and self-existent Cause. This One manifests itself in and through all creation, but is not absorbed by its creation. The manifest universe is the body of God; it is the logical and necessary outcome of the infinite self-knowingness of God.
- I believe in the incarnation of the Spirit in all, and that we are all incarnations of the One Spirit.
- I believe in the eternality, the immortality, and the continuity of the individual soul, forever and ever expanding.
- I believe that the Kingdom of Heaven is within me and that I experience this Kingdom to the degree that I become conscious of it.
- I believe the ultimate goal of life to be a complete emancipation from all discord of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.
- I believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost God is one God.
- I believe that God is personal to all who feel this indwelling Presence.
- I believe in the direct revelation of Truth through my intuitive and spiritual nature, and that anyone may become a revealer of Truth who lives in close contact with the Indwelling God.
- I believe that the Universal Spirit which is God, operates through a Universal Mind, which is the Law of God; and that I am surrounded by this Creative Mind which receives the direct impress of my thought and acts upon it.
- I believe in the healing of the sick through the power of the Mind.
- I believe in the control of conditions through the power of the Mind.
- I believe in the eternal Goodness, the eternal Loving-kindness and the eternal Givingness of Life to all.
- I believe in my own soul, my own spirit, and my own destiny; for I understand that the life I live is God.