- It costs nothing but creates much. It enriches those who receive it without impoverishing those who give it. It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.
- None are so rich they can get along without it and none so poor but are richer for its benefits.
- It creates joy in the home, fosters goodwill in a business and is the countersign of friends.
- It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and Nature's best antidote for trouble.
- Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen for it is something that is no Earthly good till it is given away.
- If people are too tired to give you a smile, please leave one of your own.
- For no one needs a smile so much as those who have none left to give.
This has been attributed to the famous author Anonymous, so I take credit for it here--just for today.
"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly." G.K. Chesterton