- First, decide you are consciously in control of this process, that your fears, your doubts, your hesitancy might rear their heads, but you are the decision maker, not them.
- Establish a reason for the goal, then give it a deeper purpose. If it’s too lightweight, it’ll be too easy to give it up.
- Choose a first step; make it your primary cause. Make certain you have defined exactly want you want this first step to achieve, what you want it to look like when completed.
- It’s essential that the goal you set is something you really want to attain. Too often, we set goals based on other people’s opinions, desires, needs. Don’t do that. Make this your target, not someone else’s.
- Once you know what you want and have made certain it’s your decision, your choice, imagine the successful outcome. Get a picture of it in your mind’s eye. See it clearly. Release it. Begin the journey. Having a clear vision will allow the necessary steps to show themselves.
- Get your goals down in writing. Writing tends to make them solid. It doesn’t mean you can’t make adjustments along the way; in fact, you’ll probably do a lot of that as you aim toward your destination. But this gives you a firm starting position.
- If possible, set a deadline. Give yourself a timeframe. Tough, but it works!
- Create a simple starting point. Move forward from there. Don’t make it too difficult or you may not get off the ground.
- Finally, even if you can’t quite believe that you can achieve your goal, give yourself permission to believe it anyway.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Nine (9) Simple--and Yes, Easy--Ways to Set and Reach Your Goals, Guaranteed!
“The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.” Dee Hock
You want success. You want great outcomes. You want, well, whatever it is you want. Best way to achieve? Set some goals.
You may have taken goal setting workshops or read a few books on the subject, and still, you procrastinate. (If you set goals and achieve them on a regular basis, then this may be a bit remedial so see you in the Advanced Section a bit later!) So, here are some truly simple ways to get you started. You will find, as you get this project going, that it becomes easer. It will be easier still when you see your goals being reached and your objectives manifesting before your eyes. Ready?
These simple steps can make the difference between manifesting your desired outcome and sitting on the sidelines, wishin’ and a hopin’… It’s up to you. You have what you need, you have what it takes. With just a goal or two, you set the direction. And soon, the world will become your oyster, guaranteed.
“You enjoy as much happiness as you believe you're worthy of and you suffer as much pain as you believe you’re worthy of.” (Attrib.)