Sunday, April 3, 2011

When You Know What To Do, Flying Is Possible... (A New Thought Message 4/3/11)

First, a nasty little secret you need to know...
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
Who Am I?
"I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failure. I am completely at your command. Half the things you do you might just as well turn over to me and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed—you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly how you want something done and after a few lessons, I will do it automatically. I am the servant of all great individuals and, alas, of all failures as well. Those who are great, I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human. You may run me for profit or run me for ruin—it makes no difference to me. Take me, train me, be firm with me and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you. Who am I? I am HABIT!" Anonymous
Recognizing habit as the cause and effect of our lives is to recognize the Real Secret to the Abundant Life. Habits cannot be eliminated (Remember: Nature abhors a vacuum!); they must be replaced.
Replacing Bad Habits
  • Set a goal. You must know where you want to go. Make it simple at first.
  • Take a small step each day. Make it less than easy, but not too difficult. Just one...
  • Be persistent. Changing habits is more about sticking to it than anything else. 
Your daily habits and patterns are clear signs of the direction you are heading. Change the patterns, change the direction. And the first habit to replace is self-pity followed by fear followed by anger followed by the rest.
It really is that simple. And you’re up for it, right??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.