Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Red Tide: What Conservatives Really Want for America



Argue if you will, but it's clear. The American ultra-conservative movement is angry. The main reason? Too much freedom in the US. Oh, they scream that they want Big Government out of our lives but are the first to deny personal choice. When it comes to the bedrooms and bathrooms of America, the conservatives want to be there for every action.


A large portion of conservatives in the US have made it clear that they prefer, and will implement, an early 19th century politic. Remember, it was the Southern Christian Right plantation owners that fought the hardest to maintain slavery in this country. That's only 150 years ago. They have not changed. 


Each of us is still (somewhat) free to choose our own politics. But we must always remember that our politics should not be shoved down the throats of everyone else. 


So, keep your religion, your politics, your small mind out of my bedroom, my bathroom, my kitchen, my love life, my wallet. 


I will do the same for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.