Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hating in the Name of the Lord



This showed up on my Facebook page. I was a bit stunned that this "Dr. Linda Roberts," who claims to be a god-fearing Christian, would write such drivel. But, those sort of folks are still out there, it would appear. 

I share this for two reasons...

First, hatred is still alive and well in the United States. It can only be conquered, not by more hatred, but by compassion. Compassion means action, which is much more than just a feeling of sympathy or even empathy. True compassion is action, and in this case, it means sharing yourself in positive ways with the world. It's doing the least harm and the most good. 

To serve is to win. Period.

Second, I posted this because according to some of my conservative friends, the attitude displayed in the above poster runs rampant among Far Right and ultra conservative political players at all levels of government. Watch them closely. They once caused a civil war in the U.S. If this attitude really is as prevalent as I'm told, another civil war is not necessarily out of the question.

The world is not the same place it was in the 1950s. And neither is the U.S. Please, people. Come out of the darkness. Realize that we all rise, or fall, together. 

"Love one another, even as I have loved you." Jesus

P.S. Roberts' Twitter handle: @godslandgodslaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.