“Positive thinking is just another way to deny the realities of life,” said my friend Lucy one Sunday morning on the way to Starbucks. “They can’t accept that the world is full of pain and suffering. They’d go down in flames laughing!”
- Positive thinkers take excellent care of themselves physically, mentally, spiritually.
- They assume responsibility for their actions and get over disappointments rapidly.
- They are trustworthy and deeply honor their personal, business, and professional relationships.
- They know they have high potential and live into it continually.
- They have learned how to communicate well in all areas of their lives.
- They know that real love is compassion in action; they are empathetic more than sympathetic.
- They enjoy life, laugh a lot, and have fun. When necessary, they work hard and enjoy the benefits. And they're not afraid to share those benefits.
- They are life-long learners. The vast majority of successful people would call themselves positive thinkers.
P.S. We all have our 'down' moments. And sometimes things can get really tough. I do not deny that. Still, and maybe especially, in those moments, our true character and level of strength show themselves. The more you choose to practice some of the above suggestions, the less likely you'll collapse when the really big rough situations arise.