Saturday, December 24, 2011

What's The Real Gift of Christmas?

When I was a kid, I would toss and turn all night before Christmas, hoping to get what I really, really wanted. Most of the time I didn't but once in a while I would. Then, I'd screech and jump and hug.

Three days later, the new thing was in a corner, and I was back out climbing trees.

Finding and having are not the same as wanting. That's why the spiritual journey is best perceived as a continuing adventure, a perpetual seeking. We tend to get bored with the things we ultimately find, even the good things. But hold the carrot out in front, and we will chase it to the end of the rainbow.

Heaven is not the ending but the beginning. The joy is in the chase!

Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.